María has been helping foreign nationals navigate the maze of Spanish Bureaucracy for many years.  She joined the Purple Team in 2018 and heads up Purple Permits.

She deals with all of Purple Permits’ clients personally and guides them through each stage of the process – whether they are applying for residency, changing their driving licence from a UK licence to a Spanish one,  importing their UK registered cars, etc.

María spends a lot of her time in queues in Government Departments so that you don’t have to!

She is supported back at the office by a team who are able to take your details and advise you what paperwork you need to bring for your first (free, no-obligation) meeting with María.

So call us now on 952 010 009, WhatsApp on 603 200 559 or email  info@purplepermits.es

María and the team at Purple Permits are here to help take the hassle out of Spanish Bureaucracy.


    positive review  I highly recommend these guys, after starting to get my padron and resedencia sorted with Maria, I had to cancel this as been suddenly out of the blue told by work we are relocating to Malta in a matter of weeks. Within a day my deposit paid was refunded in full to my bank. If anyone needs any paperwork sorted, these guys are the ones to go to, friendly helpful staff, I know too if I ever visit, I will certainly be using their other services for car hire, brilliant guys and I will drop in with some goodies before I go, thank you again x

    Caroline Piper Avatar Caroline Piper
    June 7, 2019

    positive review  Great value, easy to get contracted and good support service.

    Brendon Redmond Avatar Brendon Redmond
    January 20, 2019

    positive review  Great service made all very simple.

    Rikki Mayze Avatar Rikki Mayze
    January 3, 2020

    positive review  Maria has been wonderful sorting out about 5 different services and paperwork for me all at the same time. Fast, reliable and great price. Thankyou!!

    Annie Ruler Avatar Annie Ruler
    October 10, 2019


Whether you are a resident or not, if you own a property in Spain you should be registered on your local Town Hall Padron. 

Every person registered on the Padron brings State Government funds to your local area.

This does not affect your residency status but the Padron document is often required for other things.


An NIE number is usually the first thing you apply for if you are planning to spend any amount of time in Spain.  Although the rules, have recently changed, it is required for many things including buying a house or car.

Social Security

Depending on your circumstances, you may need a Social Security number.  This is different from your NIE.


The rules regarding applying for Permanent Residency are currently changing on a fairly regular basis, especially for UK Citizens in the wake of Brexit.

UK Nationals now have to apply for a Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjeros (TIE) instead of the old Residencia.  If you are currently resident in Spain with a Residencia, at some point you will have to exchange it for a TIE.

Other European Nationals can still apply for a Residencia.

María is keeping up to date with all the changes and requirements for obtaining either a TIE or Residencia and can advise on the best way to qualify for Residency, whether you are British or from elsewhere in Europe or other parts of the world.

Car Ownership

If you buy or sell a car in Spain, whether to or from a dealer or private individual, there are procedures which need to be followed to ensure that the correct transfer documents are processed.

This is very different from the simple change of owner slip on the V5 in England, for example.

Change Plates

If you keep a car in Spain which is on UK or Gibraltar plates you must, after a certain period of time, legally import the car into Spain and change your plates to Spanish.

This is a legal requirement and you can be heavily fined if you exceed the time allowed.

Driving Licence

If you are now living in Spain and still have a driving licence issued in your home country you could be breaking the law in both countries.

Health Insurance

Under most circumstances, if you are applying for Spanish Residency, you will need Private Health Insurance.  We can advise and assist in getting the best policy at the right price.

Contact Us

Fill in the form below and a member of staff will contact you back as soon as possible during business hours.